Saturday, July 21, 2012

Welcome To My Jungle

Welcome to my jungle of raspberries.  A few days ago while I was working in the shop I thought I saw some red in my berry patch.  Sure enough I went out and picked a handful of berries.  I had my husband close his eyes and open his mouth, then popped in a few.  Mmmm.. don't the first berries of the season taste the best?  Well I knew that meant they would be on strong in a few days.  I went out this morning with my camera and little plastic bucket to pick.  The only problem with this scenario is that we had a torrential rain storm yesterday.  Oh well, when the berries call they have to be picked.  I came out sopping wet but got a half gallon of berries.  This is just the start, I'll be picking for probably two or three weeks and making lots of jelly.   Thank you God for the wonderful harvest!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment