Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fruits of the Harvest

A few days ago I wrote about picking raspberries, well here is the first batch of jelly.  I hope to sell some in the Paris Flea Market booth at the Junk Salvation show August 4th.  As I said in my last post, I'll be working it with my sister.  I'm so excited!  This is the first show I've ever been a part of.  I'm finding out just how much work it takes to get ready for a show, even with the few things I'm putting in.  First I have to get two or three batches of jelly done, three more aprons made (upcoming blog), research prices for my Franciscan apple ware that I hope to sell, make labels and tags for everything, and see if there is anything else that my nephew and sister want me to bring.  Whew!  How do people who do this regularly get it done?  Well I have to go pick some more berries before it gets too hot, make some more jelly out of the juice I strained last night, and hopefully get something done around the house.

3 comments: