This is a close up of the before, well at least of the little one. I forgot to take a before picture of the bigger one. They were both in pretty rough shape. The little one was scratched up and had nail polish on the medallion. The other one was just old and boring. Well I had a can of oops paint in this great shade of blue (somewhere between aqua and turquoise), and I knew I didn't want to spend a ton of time on these, so I mixed up some baking soda, water and paint and had a go at it. First I removed all of the hardware. I thought the medallion was glued on the little one, and I told my husband that I was trying to figure out how to tape it off, when it just came off in my hand. Bonus! I used the Dremel and polished off all of the nail polish and shined up the feet. I was really surprised how nice they turned out. I painted them both with my homemade chalk paint, distressed them a little and then waxed with clear wax.
I wanted to bling them up a little more so I covered the glass of the larger one in a gorgeous organza that I found at a thrift store for practically nothing, and decoupaged some old sheet music inside the the other one.