Monday, October 7, 2013

Wood Pilates and a Desk
























Wood Pilates?  I'll get to that, but first let me show you my little desk.  Last February I revamped this desk chair that you can see here the rusty leopard.  I brought it in to sell and it is still sitting there, so I thought maybe if I could bundle it with a desk it might go.  I found the desk at a garage sale for $10.  It needed some re-gluing, one of the drawer spacers was completely off, and it was missing a pull.  It had a kind of weird paint-stain job on it that needed redone (sorry no before pictures).  I thought maybe I would paint everything but the top, but my hubby got to the sander before me and ground down a little to much on top.  What he did reveal were these great drawers.  See the dark detailing and distressing, I didn't do any of that, it was already there.  All we did on the drawers was wipe them down with about 3 coats of MMS hemp oil.  The rest of the base I finished the same as the chair with a soft black paint, and Martha Stewart dark coffee glaze.  Oh yeah, I also put some casters on the chair (probably why it hasn't sold).  I think they look pretty good together, I have them marked as a set, not sold separately so hopefully someone will love them.

Now for the wood Pilates:


Who needs a gym when God gives you all this!
Linking Up at:


1 comment:

  1. Great desk. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/10/185th-inspire-me-tuesday.html. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete