The whole thing was a little crooked, and the front pieces were really warped. My husband blew it apart and reglued the frame, and weighted down the fronts to try and straighten them out. He sanded down the top and I refinished it in a dark walnut and finished it with some poly. I used some Howard's Restore a Finish to the fronts and the trim. I had gotten a couple of sample jars of paint for her to choose from and she said either would be fine since they were pretty close in color. I used the lighter one, Deepest Aqua by Glidden, to the frame and shelves but didn't have enough for the back, so I finished the back in Lagoon by Behr. I think since it is a little darker it gives it just a little more depth.
I think it is going to look great in their new home. I should have taken the picture there, but I couldn't wait.
Linking up at: