Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wild White Bench

 Awhile back I posted about this vanity which I painted the perfect shade of white.  I custom mixed a Swiss Coffee White with some brown to get a nice cream color.  I brought the vanity and a really cute sewing chair into the store to sell, and wouldn't you know the chair sold within a few days.  Luckily I had this old bench to replace the chair. 
Of course I didn't have any of the French script fabric left, and I was a little stuck on how to recover the top.  I was thinking burlap, which would have looked good, until I went to our local thrift store.  There in the fabric bin were two pieces of fake fur, this snow leopard print and a dark leopard print. I got both pieces for $3.00!   This fur is exactly like a coat of my mom's so I just had to use it on something.  The vanity wasn't selling as is, so I thought I might as well try to jazz it up with the fur.  So a few coats of paint, some wax, a little antiquing wax and a snow leopard top and it is ready to sell.  I priced the two pieces together this time because I am tired of revamping chairs to match.  Well, I hope someone likes it as much as me.

Partying At:

No comments:

Post a Comment