Thursday, December 20, 2012

Noel


 Noel, Noel, the angels did sing....
This is one of my favorite Christmas decorations.  Every year I put out my ceramic angels.  I've had the one in the middle since I was a little girl.  I started collecting the little ceramic dolls (most of them Josef Originals) when I was six.  A friend of my mom's gave me one for my birthday.  I have quite a collection now, but I think the Christmas ones are my favorite.  For most of the year they are in a cabinet that my grandfather built, but this time of year I display them on some shelves between the family room and living room.  Funny thing about that cabinet, mom antiqued it back in the '70s in emerald green with black glaze.  A few years ago I had it refinished in a red mahogany thinking why would anyone paint it like that.  Now I am painting and glazing furniture, and Pantone's color of the year is emerald.  Go figure!

Well, I was happy to finally get a blog up.  I really do live in the styx, so far this week the power was out, my satellite feed for my T.V. has been out all day today, and I just got my satellite feed for my computer back about an hour ago.  It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas at my house.
 
Merry Christmas
 Linking to:
beyond the picket fence 

No comments:

Post a Comment