Monday, May 4, 2015

From Big Bird to Chicken Wire

Have you ever seen a piece at a garage sale and knew exactly what it would look like when you were done with it?  This was my ah ha piece.

Isn't this crazy!  I mean really, it looks like a psychedelic big bird, but I knew what I wanted to do with it.  First the tye-dyed  t-shirt material had to go, then the work really started.  The paint was glommed on so it had to be stripped.  Way easier said then done.  I counted five different colors on it, plus a bunch of old wood filler.  Here is what it looked like after one coat of stripper.



This thing was a mess.  I used a whole large size citrus strip on it, and still had a lot of clean up and sanding to do before I could even start to paint.  My husband made new shelves for it, then I painted it a creamy white with a dark grey interior.  Then Mr. in the styx stapled the chicken wire in the door, and I painted the hardware and added a pull.  So here it is, what do you think?





I'm kind of in love with it.  The chair and other pieces are all going to the Fancy Farm Girl Vintage Market with us this weekend.

I'll try to link up this week at:

1 comment: