Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sleek Little Cabinet

I picked up this little cabinet at our local thrift store.  Someone had done a lot of work on it in the '80s, but it really needed some work to bring it into this century.


The top was missing, there was tin falling off of it, and the tole painting, well enough said.  I ripped off the tin and my hubby made a top out of some white pine we had.  I stained the new top with Minwax's grey stain, I have to say I love this stuff.





It took a lot to cover the original yellow and red; I primed it then painted two coats of light (almost white) gray inside and out, then taped and painted the recessed panels a dark grey.  I thought it could still use a little bling so I stenciled some cute swirls.


A little rub on poly and ta-da!


No comments:

Post a Comment