Friday, May 2, 2014

Rustic Fancy Farm Girls

One week and counting for the Fancy Farm Girls Vintage Market!!!!!!!!  My last post showed some things that will be in our Shabby French section, this time I thought I'd show you a few things that will be in our rustic section.


Sorry about the lighting but the sun was out and we actually hit 70 this week so I just had to do an outdoor shot.  As I said in my last post, there will be four of us (plus our spouses) representing Paris Antiques at the show.  Our space is going to be 30x12 which we thought might be too big until we all started getting our stuff ready.  We're doing three different sections; garden, manly/rustic, and shabby French.  I think I've had the most fun with the rustic stuff, maybe because it's not really my norm.  See that wonderfully rusty metal in the back?  I found it last year for $3 at a yard sale.  My husband welded some of the spare pieces on the upright one, but other than that they are just like I bought them.  Won't they be great in a garden?
I had fun with the two tool boxes and the chair experimenting with vinegar stain.  If you've never done this you should try it.  Just take a piece of steel wool and soak it in some white vinegar over night, then use the vinegar to splash (yep no need to be neat with this) on some bare wood.  It will deepen and stain differently on each piece, but generally it makes them look rustically aged.  One bonus with the covered tool box was that the vinegar took away the musty, moldy smell.  I splashed on a wood preservative over the stain on the chair to help protect it outside. 
The upholstery on the chair and footstool are coffee sacks my nephew picked up for me from his roaster.  These are great except for the mess of burlap all over when you are done.
















Oh, I'm getting so anxious for the show.  Please stop by if you are in Moses Lake WA. May 10th.  We'll see you at the fairgrounds.
Linking up to
 miss mustard seed
funky junk interiors 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully attractive items for your show. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete