Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Buffed Wall Art

 Most of you know that you don't have to pay much to decorate, but how does $.50 sound?  I found these cute plastic pieces last weekend for $.25 each and thought they would look good if only they were spiffed up a bit.  I'm sure they came from Big Lots or somewhere else pretty cheap, and they weren't bad, but there was so much gold they were a little gaudy.  I'm showing one done, and the other I will work on this afternoon.  I wish I could capture how different they really look.  All I did to fix the first one up was to take a little rub n buff and cover over most of the gold.  I left some of it showing to give it more depth.  The most difficult part was controlling how much of the rub n buff went on.  I ended up sanding it off in some areas.  So, I tried the silver rub n buff on a metal finial (will post soon) and it looked like aluminum so I had to take it off, but I really liked it on these plastic pieces.  It goes a long way, so I'll just have to see what else I can try it on.  I've seen it in different colors on other blogs and would love to try them, but I can only find it in the basics; black, silver, gold, and bronze around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment